Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Today I am a man

It is a very exciting day here at Strike Zones and End Zones. I have been invited to own a team in a the sports blogger fantasy football league. I’ll be joining the boys from Kissing Suzy Kolber, Will and Rob from Deadspin, Dan Shanoff, DJ Gallo, Awful Announcing, Jamie Mottram, Dan Steinberg, and J.E. Skeets. There are some big names in there and as the only female in the league it will not only be my pleasure but my duty to thoroughly kick all of their asses.

This is my third fantasy football league this coming season. Last year I did two and it almost killed me. Which means every Sunday this year will end with me rocking back and forth in the fetal position and mumbling over and over “He was supposed to be my sleeper pick”. And since I’m not lucky enough to draft Shockey and I’m sure as hell not drafting Jacobs, it also means I’ll be rooting for the Giants to win every game this year, yet score no touchdowns.

So now I’ve got a decision to make. What to name my team…

21 comments:

Rob I said...

Good work, Giants fan! Please resist the urge to name your team "Y.A.'s Tittles"

BigRicks said...

As a Giants fan, I can say that I've always had success in fantasy leagues because I've known not to draft any Giants. Except for Tiki, but I'd still rather not talk about hat.

Unsilent Majority said...

I must break you

Wanda (aka Metschick) said...

Good luck, girl!

grungedave said...

congrats on getting in the KSK league. Let's hope you get more respect than Eli Manning by season's end!

SportsGirl365 said...

Ah, grungedave, respect has to be earned. I look forward to disappointing you.

Vanilla said...

Congrats on making the KSK league, I'll be pulling for you. As for a team name, I suggest something overly feminine so that it will be all the more painful when those guys lose to you.

grungedave said...

Disappoint me? Hell no! You represent the commenters - so I'm rooting for you to dispose of the gay mafia (figuratively speaking)!

SportsGirl365 said...

I like the way you guys think!

Jon Pyle said...

Excellent! Congrats!

albaNY Hawker said...

I dunno, I think you came up with a good name in your application...."The Two Cent Cum Dumpsters"

SportsGirl365 said...

@albany hawker: I'm seriously considering keeping the name!

Zach said...

Down the Fallopian Tubes

Jackin'4Beats said...

Congrats sportsgirl. Now go kick their cum lovin' asses. You might be able to find some good names here if Two Cent Cum Dumpsters doesn't work for you.

mmmm beefy said...

i think you should rethink not showing your boobs. They look at least average to me

Signal to Noise said...

I suggest you go upscale. You are certainly not a two-cent cum dumpster. At least give yourself a dollar value.

Oh, and of course, I'm pulling for you.

TheStarterWife said...

Seriously gal, good luck.

Who wants to set the line one which of the Gay Mafia cries first when she beats them?

Anonymous said...

Why not name your team the "Dingleberries" since that appears to be what most of those misfits you are in bed with are. Just remember that when they start talking about 3 sheets, they aint talking about all those beers you'll be buying them but rather the results of drinking all those beers after they pull their own fingers.

I'll be cheering for you, chica. Despite your penchant for letting loose a few pf's at inopportune moments.

Texas Gal said...

Good luck, my dear. Though I suspect you won't need it.

MCBias said...

Congrats! Winning a contest that features 11,000 entrants has to feel good.

SportsGirl365 said...

Thanks McBias! Although something tells me there weren't quite 11,000 entries.