Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Welcome home

It's an emotional day here at Strike Zones and End Zones and this is one of the few posts you'll see on here that isn't sports related. After over a year serving in Iraq, my baby brother is returning home tonight. It's been a long, tear filled ride and I'm glad it's over for now (who knows if he'll have to serve another tour). My heart goes out to all of you who still have family over there.

WELCOME HOME, SOLDIER.

UPDATE:
My brother's homecoming made the news! You can see the video here I'm having a hard time enbedding the video to this site).

6 comments:

Rat In A Cage said...

First the Father's Day tear jerker & now this. It's getting me as emotional to read your blog as it is to watch Lifetime. Good thing the Yankees are on tonight. I hate those damn off days.

Seriously though, that's great news!

Rat In A Cage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bruce said...

Excellent news, it really is. Welcome home soldier.

Texas Gal said...

What GREAT news! Congratulations, and welcome home!

Chris said...

Tell your brother thank you so much for his service.

albaNY Hawker said...

Congrats to you and your family.

While I don't agree with the war in Iraq, I truly appreciate the sacrifices that soldiers and their families have to make for the good of our country.

God bless!