Friday, June 29, 2007

I'm prepared for the hate mail

I was flipping through the sports pages (I hate print news, but that’s another post), and it seems there’s not much going on. Apparently there was a draft of some sort, and some guys played ball (Mother Nature is now a Yankee hater too). And then there was this gem: “ESPN2 makeup artist files harassment suit.” Now, as a female my opinion on sexual harassment in sports is not a popular one. And I’m prepared for the hate mail, so here goes.

I am sick and tired of hearing about sexual harassment suits like this. You’re a female working at ESPN for chrissakes! That’s like walking into a frat house in your best Saturday Slut outfit and complaining that the drunken idiots keep hitting on you. What did you expect? The guys over at the four letter word are moderately retarded at best. They spend all day staring at each other, reading sports stats off of a prompter, and interviewing athletes. So when a piece of tail walks by, let ‘em look! If you didn’t want to get ogled by a bunch of overgrown frat boys, then go work for the Lifetime channel.

It has been my observance in most “sexual harassment” situations that the bitch had it coming. I work in sports myself and have seen female co-workers strut around the office in skirts and slightly too tight blouses and flirting with the men like horny co-eds. So why is it harassment when some poor middle management sap takes the bait? Men are definitely getting a raw deal here. And the sad part is, all a woman has to do is say the words “sexual harassment” and the guy is done, regardless if there is merit in the accusation or not (Unless your name is Isaiah. Apparently nothing gets you fired if you’re that guy).

Now, I’m not saying there aren’t situations that are cause for action. But lighten up, ladies. Know your environment and what to expect from it. Getting denied a promotion because you wouldn’t sleep with the boss? Sexual harassment. Getting your ass grabbed by Jay Crawford? Don’t lie. You know you liked it.

6 comments:

Monday Morning Punter said...

She wanted it. She was begging for it.

I think handling this through the legal system is the wrong way to go. Sending large people in unpleasant moods to their homes is much more effective.

Unsilent Majority said...

That's a bold position. If Woody Paige had me backed into a corner I'd be reaching for a rape whistle.

Rob I said...

Thank God there is equality in the workplace and no more glass ceiling.

Kurt said...

i didn't realize Clayton Williams had kin outside of Texas...

Rat In A Cage said...

AMEN! Tight blouses, you say?

Rat In A Cage said...

8-0 still in the 2nd - they are killing me.